KITCHEN TABLE CHATS

Pull up a chair in my domestic church and let's chat!

I have worn many labels (Not in any particular order): Catholic, Wife, Mom,Gramma, Doctor, Major, Soccer Mom, Military Wife, Professor, Fellow.

All of these filter my views of the world. I hope that like St. Monica, I can through prayer, words and example, lead my children and others to Faith.
"The important thing is that we do not let a single day go by in vain without putting it to good use for eternity"--Blessed Franz J├Ągerst├Ątter

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Loyal Friend and Visitor Award

Here are the rules:
1. Copy the loyal picture above and post it on your blog.
2. Pass it on to who you think who is/are deserving.
3. Leave a message to them
4. Pass as many as you want.
5. Message back or leave a comment to the owner.

Dear sweet Rosemary has nominated me for a Loyal Friend and Visitor Award. I could certainly return the honor. Rosemary's blog, A Catholic Mother's Thoughts, is a lovely faith-filled spot in the blogosphere. She is just so full of joy and offers smart, thoughtful, and charitable reflections on Catholic family life and the culture around us.

I must say that I really needed this pick-me-up. As some of you may have noticed, my writing has branched out to include a column at Examiner.com. When you step out of the Catholic blogosphere and start offering a Catholic perspective in the secular world, you have to be ready for the hostile response. I really love it when my blog friends stop by my Examiner.com site and leave a supportive word because several of my columns have elicited comments that amount to nothing more than personal attacks. I do not have the option to moderate the comments before they are published though I can delete comments after they are published. I leave up most of the ones that disagree with me, but some are just so hateful I have to remove them. Therefore, I really appreciate the many loyal visitors and commenters here at my blog.

So let me offer this award and recognize:

Barb SFO. I have had the great pleasure of meeting Barb and love to hear from her. Her comments are always well thought out. Her own blog, SFO Mom, gives a great perspective on being a Catholic wife and mother. She offers a solid example of Franciscan spirituality. I would also like to ask for prayers for her father-in-law who is in the hospital.

Michelle at Rosetta Stone is a fellow Catholic mom and military wife. We have also had the good fortune of meeting and exchanging meals of mercy on occasion. Therefore, I can attest that she is a great cook as well as a great writer.

Ebeth at A Catholic Mom Climbing the Pillars is another Catholic mother that shows us how to swim against the cultural tide and keep our families oriented towards Heaven. Let me also say that she is one great Avon lady. Even though we live hundreds of miles apart I can shop her Avon site and get great service.

Actually, thanks to all my loyal readers. Know that you are in my prayers. Even when we disagree, I hope we can disagree with charity. It is never about winning an argument. It is about finding the Truth. Caritas in Veritate.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Thanks, Denise! I'll try to leave comments over at the examiner too. I don't usually look at the comments, because I think very bad thoughts of most people who leave them...but I should have thought you'd appreciate the kind words of a friend, too.

EbethW said...

THanks friend! I am truly honored to call you both friend and fellow Avon products user.

I will visit the Examiner to check in on more of your wonderfully Catholic wisdom. I feel your pain as I have ventured out into the cold cruel world of politics and....it's not so cozy out here!

Prayers, thanks, and a hug!
Ebeth

Rosemary Bogdan said...

Denise, I'm so glad it was a pick-me-up. I have read some of those comments on Examiner.com. Often I haven't responded because they're just pretty stupid and I don't know where to start (so much for my "charitable reflections":-). I will try to weigh in more often to let you know you're not alone out there. Michelle and Barb have wonderful blogs, I agree. I love them too. I'll have to visit Ebeth. And thank you so much for your kind words about my blog. You've made my day. God bless!

Barb, sfo said...

Thank you! That was so nice of you to include the prayer request, as well :)
I know a lot of "trolls" like to visit the Examiner columns, and not just yours--I have read others there and seen what the commenters do. I guess you just have to develop a thick skin, but that must be hard to do. What a shame that not everyone can disagree nicely.