KITCHEN TABLE CHATS

Pull up a chair in my domestic church and let's chat!

I have worn many labels (Not in any particular order): Catholic, Wife, Mom,Gramma, Doctor, Major, Soccer Mom, Military Wife, Professor, Fellow.

All of these filter my views of the world. I hope that like St. Monica, I can through prayer, words and example, lead my children and others to Faith.
"The important thing is that we do not let a single day go by in vain without putting it to good use for eternity"--Blessed Franz J├Ągerst├Ątter

Saturday, August 15, 2009

You mean eating organic foods doesn't make you an automatic Obama supporter?

This is kind of funny in a strange sort of way. The CEO of Whole Foods, John Mackey, published an article in the Wall Street Journal criticizing the Obama health care plan. The liberals are outraged. How could anyone who eats organic food disagree with President Obama? They are calling for a boycott of Whole Foods.

I don't shop at Whole Foods for all my groceries, but if I am making ice cream, it is the best place to find heavy cream that is not ultra-pasteurized. If you use ultra-pasteurized heavy cream the ice cream comes out more like Cool Whip. It is also a super place to buy spices. Many are much cheaper there than in the regular grocery store. Also, they sell a very good chai tea concentrate at a very reasonable price. I can also find a great selection of sausage links to cook on the grill. The apple sausage links are great for those who prefer mild foods and the chipotle sausages have a nice kick for those of us who like something a little spicier. Maybe I will stop in and make an extra purchase just to show a little support for Mr. Mackey.

You can read his article here.

3 comments:

Barb, sfo said...

Wow, the liberals want to boycott Whole Foods too? They are already on LDI's boycott list for their support of Planned Parenthood.

Diana said...

That's great! Ha! We get a few things at Whole Foods as well (not everything - too expensive). What brand of creme do you get that is not ultra-pasteurized?

Rosemary Bogdan said...

I think the liberals are just snarling at everybody since, even with control of Congress, they don't seem to be getting their own way. Denise I have given you the Loyal Friend and Visitor Award although I imagine you have already received it from someone else. I think we've been reading each others' blogs since I started mine. (Love to read blogs of people with whom I always agree:-) Plus, we've actually met!