KITCHEN TABLE CHATS

Pull up a chair in my domestic church and let's chat!

I have worn many labels (Not in any particular order): Catholic, Wife, Mom,Gramma, Doctor, Major, Soccer Mom, Military Wife, Professor, Fellow.

All of these filter my views of the world. I hope that like St. Monica, I can through prayer, words and example, lead my children and others to Faith.
"The important thing is that we do not let a single day go by in vain without putting it to good use for eternity"--Blessed Franz Jägerstätter

Monday, November 09, 2009

Mattie Stepanek the Messenger

I was not sure how I would feel reading the story of someone who idolized Jimmy Carter and Oprah. I can now tell you that the story of Mattie Stepanek as told by his mother Jeni Stepanek is a must-read for teens and adults alike. My full review of the book Messenger is here.

The story of Mattie Stepanek has very little to do with politics or ideology. It has everything to do with understanding that every life is valuable. Every life has a purpose ordained by God. The challenge is to find and live that purpose.

Put this book on your reading list. It can be life-changing.



(I did receive a free review copy of this book)

3 comments:

Jeni Stepanek said...

Thank you for such a beautiful review of this book. I enjoyed the privilege of being Mattie's mom, and thus, holding the truth of his life story and being the one to write this book. I look forward to reader feedback. And I hope that this book inspires people with a message of hope and peace, that is still so very much needed by our world.
In God's love,
Jeni ("Mattie's mom").

Jeni Stepanek said...

Thank you for such a beautiful review of this book. I enjoyed the privilege of being Mattie's mom, and thus, holding the truth of his life story and being the one to write this book. I look forward to reader feedback. And I hope that this book inspires people with a message of hope and peace, that is still so very much needed by our world.

Suzanne said...

I loved and followed little Mattie's life. I bought 4 of one of his poetry books and had my father who was dying of cancer sign one over as his last Christmas gift to each one of my children with a photo of him and that child placed inside of the book. I'm glad for running upon this post. That was a few years ago and I wonder if they've peeked in their books lately. What a wonderful young man he was/is...I consider Mattie..St. Mattie.
God bless you and his mom Jeni for all she does!