KITCHEN TABLE CHATS

Pull up a chair in my domestic church and let's chat!

I have worn many labels (Not in any particular order): Catholic, Wife, Mom,Gramma, Doctor, Major, Soccer Mom, Military Wife, Professor, Fellow.

All of these filter my views of the world. I hope that like St. Monica, I can through prayer, words and example, lead my children and others to Faith.
"The important thing is that we do not let a single day go by in vain without putting it to good use for eternity"--Blessed Franz J├Ągerst├Ątter

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Wedding Report

I am still basking in the glow of a most perfect weekend. I will try to write in more detail about my son's wedding at a later date, but for now I will just post a few pictures. However, if you are planning a wedding in the College Station area the Astin Mansion is an ideal venue for a rehearsal dinner or a reception. St. Mary's at Texas A&M is a phenomenal parish. The church is beautiful and the support for Catholic students is unparalleled. Fr. Edward Horkan from the Diocese of Arlington (VA) journeyed down to Texas to preside at the wedding and was absolutely amazing. I heard at least a dozen people comment to either him or to me about his wonderful homily. There are too many people to praise and thank for me to try and list everyone right now. I am still offering prayers of thanksgiving to God for the many blessings He showered upon us this weekend.

My son and his bride at the rehearsal dinner


My four at the rehearsal dinner



Cutting the cake with my son's Corps of Cadets saber at the reception



The groom's cake is modeled after the Army Corps of Engineers castle



The bridal toast



A happy father/daughter dance



My 15-year-old snags the garter



Very happy but with very tired feet.

4 comments:

Barb, sfo said...

Congratulations all around! (Blue is definitely your color)

EbethW said...

Congratulations and welcome to be club of being a Mother-in-law! Your four are a beautiful brood, how blessed you are!!

Congratulations to you and your beloved knight!

Hugs

Michelle said...

Everybody looks great! Congratulations to the happy couple!

Rosemary Bogdan said...

Ohh. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Looks like a lovely time. Congratulations!