KITCHEN TABLE CHATS

Pull up a chair in my domestic church and let's chat!

I have worn many labels (Not in any particular order): Catholic, Wife, Mom,Gramma, Doctor, Major, Soccer Mom, Military Wife, Professor, Fellow.

All of these filter my views of the world. I hope that like St. Monica, I can through prayer, words and example, lead my children and others to Faith.
"The important thing is that we do not let a single day go by in vain without putting it to good use for eternity"--Blessed Franz J├Ągerst├Ątter

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Prayers for Chile

Please offer a few prayers for all the people of Chile and my in-laws in particular. My in-laws had just arrived in Santiago yesterday as part of a tour group. Early this morning Chile was rocked by an 8.8 earthquake. We have heard indirectly that they are doing okay. Their hotel is still standing with no major structural damage. Fortunately, Chile seems better prepared to withstand such an earthquake than Haiti. The force of this earthquake is 1000 times greater than the force of the earthquake in Haiti. There are still many people who are injured and homeless. There will soon be a great need for corporal works of mercy. Right now, the spiritual work of mercy of prayer is the best we can do.

2 comments:

Barb, sfo said...

Praying! That must have been terrifying for your in-laws. I hope all will be safe.

Rosemary Bogdan said...

May St. Michael and St. Joseph intercede for their protection. I will keep them in my prayers!!