KITCHEN TABLE CHATS

Pull up a chair in my domestic church and let's chat!

I have worn many labels (Not in any particular order): Catholic, Wife, Mom,Gramma, Doctor, Major, Soccer Mom, Military Wife, Professor, Fellow.

All of these filter my views of the world. I hope that like St. Monica, I can through prayer, words and example, lead my children and others to Faith.
"The important thing is that we do not let a single day go by in vain without putting it to good use for eternity"--Blessed Franz J├Ągerst├Ątter

Monday, April 05, 2010

Dance Me to the End of Love

Last week I found I had a major cultural blind spot. I had never heard of Leonard Cohen. He is a Canadian singer, songwriter, poet, and novelist. The lawyers over at Mirror of Justice were finding that in spite of their political and ideological differences, they could all enjoy the music of Leonard Cohen. It began when Robert George posted this video. Perhaps because my parents and my husband's parents both celebrated their 50th anniversary in 2008, my husband and I celebrated our 25th anniversary in 2009, and our oldest son got married this past December, this video had me in tears by the end. It is hauntingly beautiful.

In a bit of Lenoard Cohen trivia, he is the composer of Hallelujah, that song made famous by Shrek and by American Idol:

No comments: