KITCHEN TABLE CHATS

Pull up a chair in my domestic church and let's chat!

I have worn many labels (Not in any particular order): Catholic, Wife, Mom,Gramma, Doctor, Major, Soccer Mom, Military Wife, Professor, Fellow.

All of these filter my views of the world. I hope that like St. Monica, I can through prayer, words and example, lead my children and others to Faith.
"The important thing is that we do not let a single day go by in vain without putting it to good use for eternity"--Blessed Franz J├Ągerst├Ątter

Sunday, May 02, 2010

A little Soul


My husband and I were driving around town this afternoon when I noticed a vanity license plate that said "I GOT". Then I noticed the vehicle was a KIA Soul. Hence the license plate verbiage. The driver's message was "I Got Soul". How cute.

I don't think I had ever taken note of this model of automobile before. It is a small boxy thing. Not really my cup of tea. And this vehicle was black. Does that mean the driver has a black soul? When your Kia Soul needs a bath, does that mean you have a dirty Soul? When it goes to the shop are you Soul-less? When you trade it in do you sell your Soul?

As I said, this style of car is not my first choice, no matter what the name. However, after contemplating the possible implications of the name, I am thinking the marketing folks missed the mark on this one.

1 comment:

Barb, sfo said...

My friend got one of these. She is the parish secretary :) I should ask her what she thinks of the name.
It's not my style either, but it's very edgy and she likes to be unique. I think that's the point of the car, to be different.