KITCHEN TABLE CHATS

Pull up a chair in my domestic church and let's chat!

I have worn many labels (Not in any particular order): Catholic, Wife, Mom,Gramma, Doctor, Major, Soccer Mom, Military Wife, Professor, Fellow.

All of these filter my views of the world. I hope that like St. Monica, I can through prayer, words and example, lead my children and others to Faith.
"The important thing is that we do not let a single day go by in vain without putting it to good use for eternity"--Blessed Franz J├Ągerst├Ątter

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

a bump on the journey

I know I said I did not want this blog to become just a chronicle of my husband's lymphoma, but truthfully, I find my days focused on him from sun up to sun down. Right now I need prayers. My husband is hospitalized with a dangerously low white blood cell count due to his chemotherapy and also a fever of unknown origin. This is serious since his low white blood cell count means he has no infection fighting capacity. I would be greatly appreciative of your prayers.

The chemotherapy had actually been going relatively well. He didn't feel great, but it was not unmanageable. However, yesterday evening he had the sudden onset of shaking chills. At the time, his temperature was low. We did what any Catholic couple would do--we prayed a Rosary together. By the end of the Rosary his temperature had risen, but not to the level of hospitalization concern. However, over the next hour we watched it rise to a fever so we headed to the hospital.

Feel free to ask for the intercession of your favorite saint. If you need a suggestion, I like asking for the intercession of Blessed Father Francis Xavier Seelos.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Denise...I will keep you and your husband in my prayers!

Ute said...

Praying for you as well!

Jill said...

Denise,
I am glad that you are sharing with us this journey with your husband.
It allows those of us who benefit from your writings, the opportunity to give something back by helping support and pray for you.
Jill