KITCHEN TABLE CHATS

Pull up a chair in my domestic church and let's chat!

I have worn many labels (Not in any particular order): Catholic, Wife, Mom,Gramma, Doctor, Major, Soccer Mom, Military Wife, Professor, Fellow.

All of these filter my views of the world. I hope that like St. Monica, I can through prayer, words and example, lead my children and others to Faith.
"The important thing is that we do not let a single day go by in vain without putting it to good use for eternity"--Blessed Franz J├Ągerst├Ątter

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Pass this on for life

Of the twenty mysteries of the Rosary, my favorite is the Annunciation. There are so many facets to this mystery. God calls Mary out of her comfort zone to do something that by human analysis seems impossible. Not only does it seem impossible, but it involves suffering. Mary is betrothed to a good man, Joseph. Who is going to believe that she was visited by an angel? Who is going to believe that her child was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit? Why should she risk this stable, happy life for the uncertainties of God's outlandish proposal? Because she was blessed with abundant grace, Mary responded "Fiat! Let it be done according to thy word."

When God puts a path before me that is outside my comfort zone, involves suffering, and seems contrary to my expectations, it is very challenging to embrace this path and say "Fiat! I will do it your way, God." That is why the mystery of the Annunciation is so important to me. Mary models perfect trust and perfect obedience to God. When I tremble thinking about the road ahead, I remember the reassurances the Archangel Gabriel gave to Mary: "Be not afraid!"

Wisconsin Right to Life is offering uplifting contemporary examples of living according to God's plan for life through a series of videos. Their hope is that the positive pro-life messages conveyed by these videos will inspire viewers to pass them on and spread the Gospel of Life. Perhaps the most poignant is the following video:



Watch this video and pass it on. It may be exactly what someone needs to see and hear in order to say, "Fiat! Let it be done according to thy word."

No comments: