KITCHEN TABLE CHATS

Pull up a chair in my domestic church and let's chat!

I have worn many labels (Not in any particular order): Catholic, Wife, Mom,Gramma, Doctor, Major, Soccer Mom, Military Wife, Professor, Fellow.

All of these filter my views of the world. I hope that like St. Monica, I can through prayer, words and example, lead my children and others to Faith.
"The important thing is that we do not let a single day go by in vain without putting it to good use for eternity"--Blessed Franz J├Ągerst├Ątter

Thursday, September 16, 2010

A Tale of a Tail

This fellow is known as a Five Lined Skink. One of these is running around my back yard without his bright blue tail. He was sunning himself on my back patio when I stepped outside with Athena, my black labradinger. She was off like a shot chasing the poor fellow through the shrubs and under the drain spout. Unfortunately for him, his tail did not get under the drain spout fast enough and Athena bit it off. The amputated tail continued to wiggle and squirm and kept Athena occupied while Mr. Skink escaped to a safer haven. He looks very awkward right now, but his tail should grow back, though maybe not as colorful as the one he lost.

2 comments:

Rosemary Bogdan said...

EEEWWW. Yuk. Interesting little creature though.

Michelle said...

Good dog!