KITCHEN TABLE CHATS

Pull up a chair in my domestic church and let's chat!

I have worn many labels (Not in any particular order): Catholic, Wife, Mom,Gramma, Doctor, Major, Soccer Mom, Military Wife, Professor, Fellow.

All of these filter my views of the world. I hope that like St. Monica, I can through prayer, words and example, lead my children and others to Faith.
"The important thing is that we do not let a single day go by in vain without putting it to good use for eternity"--Blessed Franz J├Ągerst├Ątter

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Microwave Coffee Mug Cake

Yesterday I went to the craft fair at St. Raymond's parish. There were so many clever and cute ornaments, sewing projects, and baby gifts. I picked up a couple of items for my soon-to-be born granddaughter, Trinity. (Don't you just love that name?!) Her due date is November 30.

I also found a cute little kitchen craft that would make a good gift for teachers or neighbors. It is also a project suitable for children to make and give. (Click on the pictures for larger views)

The finished product is a microwaveable coffee mug, wrapped up in pretty cellophane with the cute instruction tag attached. A coffee mug that comfortably holds twelve ounces seems to be the best size.


Unwrap it and you have the coffee mug and a zip-top bag with the dry ingredients for the cake: 1/4 cup flour, 1/4 cup sugar, 2 TBSP cocoa, and 3 TBSP chocolate chips



Mix the dry ingredients, 3 TBSP milk, 3 TBSP oil, 1 egg, and a splash of vanilla in the coffee mug. Mix it well making sure you scrape the sides.



Microwave on high for four minutes

Let it cool for just a minute or two then flip it onto a plate. This is not a fine or fancy cake but it is a fun and tasty cake. It definitely is best to eat this when it is fresh and warm. It does seem to dry out rather quickly. It provides generous servings for two, or dainty servings for four.

No comments: