KITCHEN TABLE CHATS

Pull up a chair in my domestic church and let's chat!

I have worn many labels (Not in any particular order): Catholic, Wife, Mom,Gramma, Doctor, Major, Soccer Mom, Military Wife, Professor, Fellow.

All of these filter my views of the world. I hope that like St. Monica, I can through prayer, words and example, lead my children and others to Faith.
"The important thing is that we do not let a single day go by in vain without putting it to good use for eternity"--Blessed Franz J├Ągerst├Ątter

Friday, December 10, 2010

End of an era


My husband is within a year of retiring from the Air Force after a 30 year career. I can tell the career is coming to an end because today I used the last of my scavenged packing tape.

Especially early in his career, we moved every one to two years. You know the move is real when the packers arrive. They turn your house into a cardboard box jungle and the symphony of packing tape fills the air. Then they leave. In their wake, the floor is littered with partially used rolls of packing tape. I always gathered these and took them to our next assignment. The packing tape sealed the packages that kept us connected to our family and friends that lived so far away.

Today as I wrapped up Christmas packages for distant relatives, my tape dispenser gave me the last of my military move packing tape. I guess this is a first baby step into the civilian world.

1 comment:

Anya K said...

Why scare the little angel with an Aggie shirt? Do you need me to send y'all an outfit from The University?
Blessings on your family and congratulations on the retirement.