KITCHEN TABLE CHATS

Pull up a chair in my domestic church and let's chat!

I have worn many labels (Not in any particular order): Catholic, Wife, Mom,Gramma, Doctor, Major, Soccer Mom, Military Wife, Professor, Fellow.

All of these filter my views of the world. I hope that like St. Monica, I can through prayer, words and example, lead my children and others to Faith.
"The important thing is that we do not let a single day go by in vain without putting it to good use for eternity"--Blessed Franz J├Ągerst├Ątter

Friday, March 11, 2011

Begin the Novena to St. Joseph today!


Today begins the Novena to St. Joseph. Head on over to Praymorenovenas.com and find the novena prayer. You can also sign up for a novena reminder via email. Join the over 600 people who will be offering this novena for all husbands. I will be remembering my oldest son, a husband and a father, as I pray this novena. He deploys today for Afghanistan.

Do you know how the tradition of praying for nine days began? After the Ascension, Mary and the Apostles went to the Upper Room to pray for guidance. They were unsure of what they were expected to do next. They prayed for nine days. Then the Holy Spirit came to them on Pentecost. So a nine-day prayer is modeled after the nine days of prayer of Mary and the Apostles.

No comments: