KITCHEN TABLE CHATS

Pull up a chair in my domestic church and let's chat!

I have worn many labels (Not in any particular order): Catholic, Wife, Mom,Gramma, Doctor, Major, Soccer Mom, Military Wife, Professor, Fellow.

All of these filter my views of the world. I hope that like St. Monica, I can through prayer, words and example, lead my children and others to Faith.
"The important thing is that we do not let a single day go by in vain without putting it to good use for eternity"--Blessed Franz J├Ągerst├Ątter

Thursday, July 21, 2011

EEEW!...

I love belonging to Groupon. I find good deals on car washes, restaurants, and yes, manicures and pedicures. Yesterday's deal, however, was not my cup of tea. Anyone out there ever tried the fish foot treatment?

Yvonne’s Day Spa's welcoming aesthetes soothe weary feet with the invigorating fish foot therapy before primping and pampering hands and feet with traditional mani-pedi techniques. As toes wiggle into a small trough of warm, relaxing water, a cabal of tiny fish, armed with a natural predacious appetite for coarse, dead skin, nibble off rough patches with the aquatic excitement of Jacques Cousteau on a jet ski. The finned factions leave feet thoroughly exfoliated, smooth, and relaxed for a human-led pedicure, during which hooves are further massaged and nails are transformed into paradoxes of beauty and strength. A member of Yvonne’s staff then turns attention to clients’ hands, filing down rough epidermic outgrowths, sweeping out digital disrepair, and kneading out stress and stiffness

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Uh, no thanks!

Maia said...

So funny to see this in the States! "Dr. Fish" are a fairly common thing over here in Korea, and I have it on my list to try soon! Someone told me that they didn't have them in the US because of the gross factor!