KITCHEN TABLE CHATS

Pull up a chair in my domestic church and let's chat!

I have worn many labels (Not in any particular order): Catholic, Wife, Mom,Gramma, Doctor, Major, Soccer Mom, Military Wife, Professor, Fellow.

All of these filter my views of the world. I hope that like St. Monica, I can through prayer, words and example, lead my children and others to Faith.
"The important thing is that we do not let a single day go by in vain without putting it to good use for eternity"--Blessed Franz J├Ągerst├Ątter

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Finding Strength

The King of Israel, the LORD, is in your midst, you have no further misfortune to fear.

I have not been keeping up the blog too much of late. The last month or so has been crammed with deadlines, events, and a moderate speed bump or two. I kept thinking that once the semester ended and we moved my daughter home after her college graduation, things would settle down. But they haven't. I am facing a couple of work deadlines, out-of-town company coming on two separate weekends (including this weekend), my youngest's high school graduation, moving my daughter into an apartment for grad school, and helping another son navigate the road to gainful employment in a less than friendly job market. 

And now my dryer quit. Well, sort of quit. It seems to have a temperamental switch that agrees to turn on the dryer if you hold your tongue just right, speak kindly to it, and promise to clean the lint filter regularly. Of course, I am trying to provide clean sheets and towels for my company SO I REALLY NEED MY DRYER TO WORK!!!!!

Which is why it is important for me to go to daily Mass. I am certain the author of the Book of Zephaniah was not thinking of my electric dryer when he wrote the words above, but it was good for me to hear those words on this day, nonetheless. The Lord is with me. No deadline, no domestic chore, and no evil appliance can defeat me. Bring on the day!

UPDATE:  I had no sooner hit the publish button on this post when my dryer resumed normal functioning. No temperamental switch action. I have canceled the repairman. We shall see if the shenanigans resume.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Your daughter graduated from college...wow. That time flew quickly!

Denise said...

It did fly by fast. And the youngest is off to college in the fall. One of my older sons is still at home but it is almost an empty nest. Amazing!