KITCHEN TABLE CHATS

Pull up a chair in my domestic church and let's chat!

I have worn many labels (Not in any particular order): Catholic, Wife, Mom,Gramma, Doctor, Major, Soccer Mom, Military Wife, Professor, Fellow.

All of these filter my views of the world. I hope that like St. Monica, I can through prayer, words and example, lead my children and others to Faith.
"The important thing is that we do not let a single day go by in vain without putting it to good use for eternity"--Blessed Franz J├Ągerst├Ątter

Friday, June 08, 2012

Dream for My Daughter

Why is it that President Obama is convinced that a woman cannot succeed unless she denies her feminine nature and makes herself physiologically like a man? A recent Obama re-election ad suggests that a young woman's professional success is dependent upon using contraception. I responded at the HLI America site:

One of President’s Obama’s latest re-election commercials entitled “Dreams of our Daughters” offers both misleading information and a demeaning characterization of women. The spot shows actors portraying a mother and two daughters with soothing music in the background. The mother’s soft voice narrates the ad and speaks of the ambitious goals of her six-year-old and ten-year-old daughters. One wants to be a “dolphin doctor” and one wants to be a military fighter pilot. She then laments how some want to take away the rights of women to obtain birth control. That is why she is going to vote for President Obama. Unless her daughters have access to birth control, they will never reach their dreams.
Continue reading at HLI America

2 comments:

Rosemary Bogdan said...

I have not seen that ad but the description makes me nauseous. This is an anti-life president, an anti-birth president. And yes...he is an anti-woman president by denying the sanctity of a woman's most miraculous gift.

Ute said...

I like your article. You found just the right words! Thank you.