KITCHEN TABLE CHATS

Pull up a chair in my domestic church and let's chat!

I have worn many labels (Not in any particular order): Catholic, Wife, Mom,Gramma, Doctor, Major, Soccer Mom, Military Wife, Professor, Fellow.

All of these filter my views of the world. I hope that like St. Monica, I can through prayer, words and example, lead my children and others to Faith.
"The important thing is that we do not let a single day go by in vain without putting it to good use for eternity"--Blessed Franz J├Ągerst├Ątter

Thursday, August 09, 2012

Pray with me...

Right now there are quite a few members of my circle of family and friends who are facing challenges and sorrows. Let me offer a few lines from the Universal Prayer of Thanksgiving After Mass. This is a rather long prayer, but it covers all the bases. I say it after every Mass. The verses that seem to speak the loudest right now are:

Guide me by your wisdom,
Correct me with your justice,
Comfort me with your mercy,
Protect me with your power.

I offer you, Lord, my thoughts: to be fixed on you;
My words: to have you for their theme;
My actions: to reflect my love for you;
My sufferings: to be endured for your greater glory.
May this prayer provide aid for those in need.

Through Christ our Lord we pray.

No comments: