KITCHEN TABLE CHATS

Pull up a chair in my domestic church and let's chat!

I have worn many labels (Not in any particular order): Catholic, Wife, Mom,Gramma, Doctor, Major, Soccer Mom, Military Wife, Professor, Fellow.

All of these filter my views of the world. I hope that like St. Monica, I can through prayer, words and example, lead my children and others to Faith.
"The important thing is that we do not let a single day go by in vain without putting it to good use for eternity"--Blessed Franz J├Ągerst├Ątter

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Transitions





I just returned from a quick trip to see my Dad for his birthday. It was a really great visit. It is still hard to grasp that my mother is not there. Her mark on the house is everywhere. Dad is gradually adapting to life alone in the house. Every time I visit we take up a task to make the house more his. This time we cleaned out the pantry. It has been a year and a half since my mother died and there were still boxes of tea and other food items that my father will never use. We tossed out a great deal and loaded up a bit for the food pantry. We gathered 3 boxes of canisters and storage containers for a thrift shop donation. Visiting Dad also is like a little mini retreat since we make it to daily Mass as well as the Divine Mercy devotion.

The home front is also in flux. My youngest moves into his college dorm in a couple of days. I am going to miss all of his daily comings and goings. Once he moves out, the upstairs will be pretty empty. I am glad he will just be up the road and able to visit regularly.

I begin my fifth semester of teaching anatomy and physiology at the local community college. Summer vacation is over and it is back to work. I am excited to get back to teaching, but not too excited about the time crunch it always brings. Still, with no competing high school activities, life should be at least a little simpler.

For everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose under heaven (Ecc 3:1)
As we transition from one season to the next, I pray we shall always see God's purpose.

1 comment:

Rosemary Bogdan said...

Amen! My youngest two daughters (whom you met, Denise) are a junior and senior in high school. I'm not looking forward to the end of that season of my life although I'm sure God has plans for my time. How nice that you still have your father.