KITCHEN TABLE CHATS

Pull up a chair in my domestic church and let's chat!

I have worn many labels (Not in any particular order): Catholic, Wife, Mom,Gramma, Doctor, Major, Soccer Mom, Military Wife, Professor, Fellow.

All of these filter my views of the world. I hope that like St. Monica, I can through prayer, words and example, lead my children and others to Faith.
"The important thing is that we do not let a single day go by in vain without putting it to good use for eternity"--Blessed Franz J├Ągerst├Ątter

Friday, September 07, 2012

NFP vs Fertility Awareness

My latest HLI article is up at the Truth & Charity Forum:

In the latest issue of Ethics & Medics, the monthly publication of the National Catholic Bioethics Center, Elliott Bedford offers an excellent article encouraging us to use the HHS mandate as an opportunity to evangelize to Catholics and non-Catholics alike about the Church’s teaching on contraception. It is clear in the discussions surrounding this mandate that previous attempts to catechize the faithful have been unsuccessful. The current controversy over the HHS requirement that all health insurance plans cover contraception, sterilization and abortifacients  provides a teachable moment to clarify Catholic principles, especially as they were presented in Humanae vitae.
Read the rest here.

No comments: