KITCHEN TABLE CHATS

Pull up a chair in my domestic church and let's chat!

I have worn many labels (Not in any particular order): Catholic, Wife, Mom,Gramma, Doctor, Major, Soccer Mom, Military Wife, Professor, Fellow.

All of these filter my views of the world. I hope that like St. Monica, I can through prayer, words and example, lead my children and others to Faith.
"The important thing is that we do not let a single day go by in vain without putting it to good use for eternity"--Blessed Franz J├Ągerst├Ątter

Wednesday, November 07, 2012

St. Monica's List



Do everything without grumbling or questioning,
that you may be blameless and innocent,
children of God without blemish
in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation,
among whom you shine like lights in the world,
as you hold on to the word of life,
so that my boast for the day of Christ may be
that I did not run in vain or labor in vain. (2 Phil: 14-16)

This is from the first reading today. I am disappointed by the election results, but I am not disheartened. I know that I voted according to faithfully Catholic principles. I worked with many good and holy people to educate others about these principles. Even if we did not sway the votes for this election as we would have liked, I am confident that we planted seeds.

So what now? Actually, not a lot changes. I still pray. I still serve God. I still know that my salvation resides in Christ. And I still take to heart the Great Commission to make disciples of all the nations.

With that in mind, I have a challenge for you. Make a list of the people you know whose hearts have turned away from God and are in need of conversion. They can be public figures whom you have never met or they can be family members who have fallen away from the faith. Now pray for their conversion. And tomorrow, pray for them again. And pray the next day and the next day. Just keep praying.  Add more people to the list as you think of them and make a note when you think there has been progress. 


This is going to be my St. Monica list. St. Monica is my patron saint and she is a fervent intercessor for those who have strayed from the Church. I know she will be happy to join me in prayer for the return of lost souls to the objective truth of Christ. I hope you will join me as well.


No comments: