KITCHEN TABLE CHATS

Pull up a chair in my domestic church and let's chat!

I have worn many labels (Not in any particular order): Catholic, Wife, Mom,Gramma, Doctor, Major, Soccer Mom, Military Wife, Professor, Fellow.

All of these filter my views of the world. I hope that like St. Monica, I can through prayer, words and example, lead my children and others to Faith.
"The important thing is that we do not let a single day go by in vain without putting it to good use for eternity"--Blessed Franz J├Ągerst├Ątter

Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Cozy Chaos Bursting with Joy and a Hint of Sadness





Haven't been blogging much because I've been too busy living life to write about it. Just returned from an amazing Christmas in Missouri. All my children, grandchildren, and my dad gathered under one roof at my son's home. Ten people and four dogs made for cozy chaos and lots of love and joy. Four generations celebrating the Incarnation and Nativity of our Lord was the best gift I could ever receive.

This was the second Christmas since my mother died. Last Christmas did not seem as difficult as this one. Last Christmas my oldest son was in Afghanistan, my daughter-in-law and grandbaby spent Christmas with her family and my father stayed in Texas so there were only five of us at home. This Christmas we were all together and it seemed very strange not to have my mother there. All day long I had this impulse to give her a call and share the day with her. Then I would remember that she was out of my cell phone's reach. So I prayed. I said many Hail Mary's on her behalf Christmas Day.

I hope your Christmas season continues to be filled with the Peace of Christ. No earthly sadness can dim the awe and wonder that God so loved the world, that He sent Christ to be our Savior.

Blessings to you and your families in the upcoming year.

1 comment:

Barb, ofs said...

Maybe not within reach of a cell phone, but I'm sure your mom was very much with all of you as you shared the holiday together! With my prayers!