KITCHEN TABLE CHATS

Pull up a chair in my domestic church and let's chat!

I have worn many labels (Not in any particular order): Catholic, Wife, Mom,Gramma, Doctor, Major, Soccer Mom, Military Wife, Professor, Fellow.

All of these filter my views of the world. I hope that like St. Monica, I can through prayer, words and example, lead my children and others to Faith.
"The important thing is that we do not let a single day go by in vain without putting it to good use for eternity"--Blessed Franz J├Ągerst├Ątter

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Touching the Hand of God

It is not often that I am literally stopped in my tracks by the turn of a phrase. But I was reading Pope Benedict's closing remarks to the Vatican Lenten spiritual exercises and there was one sentence whose truth and beauty brought tears to my eyes:

Believing is nothing other than touching the hand of God in the darkness of the world and thus, in silence, to hear the Word, to see Love.

Please read my reflection on this poignant imagery here.



No comments: