KITCHEN TABLE CHATS

Pull up a chair in my domestic church and let's chat!

I have worn many labels (Not in any particular order): Catholic, Wife, Mom,Gramma, Doctor, Major, Soccer Mom, Military Wife, Professor, Fellow.

All of these filter my views of the world. I hope that like St. Monica, I can through prayer, words and example, lead my children and others to Faith.
"The important thing is that we do not let a single day go by in vain without putting it to good use for eternity"--Blessed Franz J├Ągerst├Ątter

Monday, July 08, 2013

Another battle in the same war against marriage

Some may look at the current defense of marriage against its redefinition to include same-sex couples as a unique struggle. Actually, it is only the latest in a long line of assaults against marriage. We can actually see a related attack in the Gospel when Jesus says:

He said to them, “Because of your hardness of heart Moses allowed you to divorce your wives, but from the beginning it was not so." (Mt 19:8)
In my latest article at the HLI Truth & Charity forum I look at relatively recent attempts to conform marriage to man's will instead of God's will. You might be surprised to see that the Holy Father was writing in defense of marriage in 1880. Please wander on over to the Truth & Charity forum and read the whole thing.

We need to defend marriage against all assaults, not just the most recent one.

No comments: