KITCHEN TABLE CHATS

Pull up a chair in my domestic church and let's chat!

I have worn many labels (Not in any particular order): Catholic, Wife, Mom,Gramma, Doctor, Major, Soccer Mom, Military Wife, Professor, Fellow.

All of these filter my views of the world. I hope that like St. Monica, I can through prayer, words and example, lead my children and others to Faith.
"The important thing is that we do not let a single day go by in vain without putting it to good use for eternity"--Blessed Franz J├Ągerst├Ątter

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Living Life

A nice lady and friend of my in-laws bought a Corvette when she was much younger and a bit more adventurous than she is now. Age and mobility issues have made climbing in and out of the Corvette impractical. It is a 1991 convertible and only has 44,000 miles on it. She begs you to take it off her hands for a minimal sum. What would you do?

Road trip! Now that my hubby has retired all the grown kids have laid claim to our extra vehicles. When I head off to work I leave him behind with no transportation. So we were in the market for something in which he could toodle around town. What better vehicle for a retired test pilot than a Corvette. So amidst all the wedding preparations we flew down to Houston and picked up some new wheels.

We did have time for some fun. We stopped in at the Rice University art gallery and saw "Unwoven Light" by Soo Sunny Park.

We ate at Freebirds


We stayed at a Holiday Inn Express


And we arrived safely home so all can play with Dad's new toy.






I've learned a few things about Corvettes. First of all, there is no trunk. It is not that it just has a small trunk. It has no trunk. That is all gas tank in the back. It takes a little bit to get the used to the sense of speed when you are sitting so low on the road. It is so powerful. I am used to driving a Prius. The acceleration of the Corvette feels like a rocket in comparison. Getting in and out is an exercise in flexibility. Not sure how you would ever do it in a skirt. But this car is fun. See the grins on these faces? This road trip in the midst of last minute wedding details was so worth it. Sometimes you just have to relish all the joy life has to offer.