KITCHEN TABLE CHATS

Pull up a chair in my domestic church and let's chat!

I have worn many labels (Not in any particular order): Catholic, Wife, Mom,Gramma, Doctor, Major, Soccer Mom, Military Wife, Professor, Fellow.

All of these filter my views of the world. I hope that like St. Monica, I can through prayer, words and example, lead my children and others to Faith.
"The important thing is that we do not let a single day go by in vain without putting it to good use for eternity"--Blessed Franz J├Ągerst├Ątter

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Small Successes February 20



Sometimes it is the little things we do that are the most important steps towards success

1. I received an order of seed packets today. Instead of just setting them aside and figuring I would get around to planting them sometime (and then remembering them sometime around May), I pulled out my seed starter kit and got them planted today. If all goes well, in 6-8 weeks I will have a good supply of tomato and pepper seedlings.

2. Used my sourdough starter to make whole grain sourdough bread. Conquering my fear of failure when I make yeast breads. It was very tasty!

3. Took a few minutes to be thankful for sunshine. It is a rare commodity these days so when it appears, it is good to pause and revel in it.

Go here to read about more small successes!

4 comments:

Barb, ofs said...

Whole grain sourdough! I need to know about this for Mr. Diabetic Bread-Loving Kid!

Aleigh said...

I am wanting to make sourdough but have no clue on how to make the starter.

Fe Adamsonn said...

Not everyone have the hand of a farmer but the good thing is the interest to put the seeds where it belongs. I hope everything will be fruitful.

military spouse

Denise Hunnell said...

Here are some answers about sourdough