KITCHEN TABLE CHATS

Pull up a chair in my domestic church and let's chat!

I have worn many labels (Not in any particular order): Catholic, Wife, Mom,Gramma, Doctor, Major, Soccer Mom, Military Wife, Professor, Fellow.

All of these filter my views of the world. I hope that like St. Monica, I can through prayer, words and example, lead my children and others to Faith.
"The important thing is that we do not let a single day go by in vain without putting it to good use for eternity"--Blessed Franz Jägerstätter

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Small successes February 27


Little bits of this and that.

1.  I slowed down enough to notice signs of spring. In spite of the cold and persistent snow, little green shoots from daffodil bulbs are starting to peek through the ground. My pot of chives is also starting to show a little green. The wisteria bush has early buds. Spring will get here.

2. Discovered what upset my dog's tummy. I think she discovered a squirrel's stash of nuts. I have trouble every fall because she loves to eat acorns and she never seems to learn that they make her sick. I found her digging and protecting a collection of cracked nuts.

3. Pat myself on the back. Laundry is done, folded, and put away. In addition, I finally remembered to sew the button back on a pair of my husband's pants. It is a little task that can be done quickly, but I kept meaning to do it, forgetting about it, meaning to do it again, then leaving it undone. Pants are now repaired and back in the wear rotation.

4. On impulse, took a couple of homemade pretzels right out of the oven to a neighbor. Found her feeling very blue. Her 15-year-old dog had died. It is funny how we can be so isolated in the suburbs with each of us living our own little lives in our own little house. It was a good reminder to me that I need to push myself to get out of my comfort zone, knock on a door, and say "Hi!".

Enjoy reading about other "small successes" at Catholicmom.com!

No comments: