KITCHEN TABLE CHATS

Pull up a chair in my domestic church and let's chat!

I have worn many labels (Not in any particular order): Catholic, Wife, Mom,Gramma, Doctor, Major, Soccer Mom, Military Wife, Professor, Fellow.

All of these filter my views of the world. I hope that like St. Monica, I can through prayer, words and example, lead my children and others to Faith.
"The important thing is that we do not let a single day go by in vain without putting it to good use for eternity"--Blessed Franz J├Ągerst├Ątter

Friday, August 22, 2014

7 Quick Takes!


The youngest moved into the dorm this week! The 85 pound Lab/German Shepherd mix who shared his bed at night has decided he is lonely and wants to sleep with Mom, Dad, and the 65 pound Lab/Springer Spaniel mix who has already claimed a spot in Mom & Dad's bed.
The youngest moved into the dorm this week! Apparently so did my laundry baskets and laundry detergent. I guess I wanted new ones anyway.
The youngest moved into the dorm this week! But he is only 20 minutes or so down the road. And guess what?! I just got a job as an adjunct professor at the same university. I think I will be reclaiming some laundry baskets.
The youngest moved into the dorm this week! It is so hard to cook for just two people. I think it is time to invite the other empty nesters in the neighborhood to dinner.
The youngest moved into the dorm this week! And I think I should check the temperature of the Netherworld because he left his home bedroom and bathroom scrubbed clean and vacuumed!
The youngest moved into the dorm this week! I already miss him terribly. Praying for him and all the students starting school in the next couple of weeks.
For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

1 comment:

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Too funny! I am down to only one at home after the Middle moved into the dorm this week. And it's HARD to cook for only 3...
Oldest took 2 of my laundry baskets and the outdoor MP3 speaker when he moved into an apartment earlier this month. Middle was NOT happy about the loss of that speaker.
Oldest also took the lamp that was the only decent light source in his (former) bedroom, now occupied (dimly) by Youngest.