KITCHEN TABLE CHATS

Pull up a chair in my domestic church and let's chat!

I have worn many labels (Not in any particular order): Catholic, Wife, Mom,Gramma, Doctor, Major, Soccer Mom, Military Wife, Professor, Fellow.

All of these filter my views of the world. I hope that like St. Monica, I can through prayer, words and example, lead my children and others to Faith.
"The important thing is that we do not let a single day go by in vain without putting it to good use for eternity"--Blessed Franz J├Ągerst├Ątter

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Sin, Righteousness, and Condemnation

The Last Judgment by Michelangelo, Sistine Chapel, Vatican


The Gospel this morning had some interesting words from Jesus:

For if I do not go, the Advocate will not come to you. But if I go, I will send him to you. And when he comes he will convict the world in regard to sin and righteousness and condemnation: sin, because they do not believe in me; righteousness, because I am going to the Father and you will no longer see me; condemnation, because the ruler of this world has been condemned. (John 16:7-11)
It is not our job to convict the world. That has already been done. Our job is to believe in Christ and lead others to believe. Our job is to align our desires with Christ, the Way, the Truth, and the Life and help others to do the same--for God's glory, not our own. Failure to see past the power and principalities of this world condemns us.

No comments: