KITCHEN TABLE CHATS

Pull up a chair in my domestic church and let's chat!

I have worn many labels (Not in any particular order): Catholic, Wife, Mom,Gramma, Doctor, Major, Soccer Mom, Military Wife, Professor, Fellow.

All of these filter my views of the world. I hope that like St. Monica, I can through prayer, words and example, lead my children and others to Faith.
"The important thing is that we do not let a single day go by in vain without putting it to good use for eternity"--Blessed Franz Jägerstätter

Friday, August 21, 2015

Looking for Air Fryer recipes

                                                                    


I really did not think I needed another kitchen appliance. But then I got an email suggesting I try this air fryer. I had no idea what an air fryer was but this sounded intriguing. Using a convection heating system I could get crispy results just like deep frying while using little or no oil. I have a wonderful Calphalon deep fry pan that is perfect for Friday fish dinners but I have to buy an extra large bottle of cooking oil every time I use it. If I am just cooking for two that is a bit much.

My E'Cucina Air Fryer arrived yesterday. It is amazing! I made french fries from fresh potatoes. The instructions said to toss those with a little oil before cooking. They came out crispy and delicious. For lunch today I made my husband a Monte Cristo style grill cheese. Again, turned out wonderfully. He enjoyed the first one so much he asked me to make him another. Tonight I made coconut shrimp using one of the recipes in the pamphlet that came with my fryer. It was amazing. It was a three step breading process just like I have done before. Then into the basket and into the fryer. In 10 minutes I had perfectly crispy coconut fried shrimp. Absolutely no oil was added to the fryer. It is all done with circulating air.

I am wondering if any of you dear readers have experience using an air fryer and have a good resource for recipes. I've looked a couple of cookbooks on Amazon but none of them looked very inspiring.

This machine takes up about as much room on the counter as a bread maker. I could cook about a pound of shrimp in a single batch.

I do get a little kick-back if you enter Amazon through one of my links and buy anything (not just what is featured in the link) but the real reason I am writing is to share my discovery of this appliance and find out if anyone can steer me towards some good air fryer recipes. Look forward to hearing from you!

2 comments:

ANNA said...

Thank's for review. I always prefer Philips for all of my cookware thanks to the high technology they apply in their cooking operation principle. I often make boneless chicken thigh air fried for my kids every weekend. They love it than any other similar KFC outside. I haven't owned a food processor but it seems pretty effective with garlic and onion. I will consider having one soon.
happycookerz.com

Anonymous 11 said...

I always love the way air fryer can help me in my cooking, especially for any kinds of fried food. My french fries is one of the best dish which I can make. I often use 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil for chips but for others such as vegatables or chicken wings I will not add any extra oil.
Richard Witkowski