KITCHEN TABLE CHATS

Pull up a chair in my domestic church and let's chat!

I have worn many labels (Not in any particular order): Catholic, Wife, Mom,Gramma, Doctor, Major, Soccer Mom, Military Wife, Professor, Fellow.

All of these filter my views of the world. I hope that like St. Monica, I can through prayer, words and example, lead my children and others to Faith.
"The important thing is that we do not let a single day go by in vain without putting it to good use for eternity"--Blessed Franz J├Ągerst├Ątter

Tuesday, August 04, 2015

The Intergenerational Domestic Church

The Holy Family with St. Anne by El Greco, ca. 1600

I have a new project I am excited to share with you. I will be speaking at the Together in Holiness Conference in Houston on April, 2, 2016! I am very excited to be working with the wonderful folks at the John Paul II Foundation for Life & Family who are organizing this event.

I started this blog in 2006. It has gone through a couple of iterations. In the beginning I was writing as a Catholic mother and doing my best to keep my kids Catholic and maintain our domestic church. But time marches on and the kids are grown and now my husband and I are looking at an empty nest. What does "downsizing" the domestic church look like?

My presentation at the conference will focus on three main areas. First, how does my relationship to my spouse change once the kids move out. Secondly, How do I relate to our adult children especially in matters of faith? And finally, where do I fit in, or for that matter, do I fit in at all into the domestic churches my grown children have established in their own homes? 

From time to time I will probably be working out the answers to these questions on the pages of this blog. I would love your input. If you are going to be in Houston this spring, I hope to see you at the conference!



No comments: